Saturday, August 30, 2014

Spookable You


Hey there, crafty friends! It's Saturday night and I thought I'd whip up a fun card in anticipation of Halloween, which is going to be here before we know it! I pulled out the recently released Made in the Shade 2 from Taylored Expressions. I love all the little scenes in the set and how it matches perfectly with the Shade Tree Cutting Plate.


I started by die-cutting the tree in a deep purple, like a shadow, but one that would still show up against black paper. I set that aside as I stamped and embossed the little Halloween scene in white. It really pops on the black paper! I then used the Cloud Border to cut a stencil that I used with white chalk ink to sponge on some spooky clouds in my night sky.


It was easy enough to create a full moon with a circle punch and sheet of scratch paper. Then I put it all together with some orange paper for a fun, spooky card that I'll send to a fellow Halloween fan!







3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

I love the white stamping on the black. Genius scene Regina.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Regina this is fabulous! Love the white stamping and the purple tree! So cool! hugs.

Queen Mary said...

I love your purple tree in the dark sky!