Thursday, December 8, 2016

How Sweet it IS to be LOVED! -- Taylored Expressions Release Day!


Happy Thursday, crafty friends! I'm here today with a couple projects that I'm so excited to share with you! Today is Release Day for Taylored Expressions and I am in LOVE because it's an all-Valentine's release! Yay! 
The card above uses an online exclusive die, the new Floating Hearts Cutting Plate. Isn't it darling? Plus, for a limited time you can earn DOUBLE Crafty Points on this beauty. Visit this blog post on the TE Blog for all the details!

To create the card, I simple die-cut a frame using the plate and then used it a few more times on some pretty patterned paper. Placing the hearts back in was so fun! Then I added the new Sweet Script, cut from pink cardstock and then I added a little Copic Marker to create an ombre effect on the letters.


My second card is a bit unusual. I call it my "ghost" surprise card -- at first glance, the lacquered hearts look blank. But, if you hold them up to a light...you get this:


Pretty cool, huh? I stamped the hearts from the new Filled with Love Stamp & Die Combo in the new  Lavender Glaze Premium Ink and then added some clear Nuvo Crystal Drops over each one. It "hid" the sweet sayings! Here's another look:


I used the included die to cut the little windows. You can see in the background I used the new Conversation Hearts Embossing Folder. I ran it through my die cutting machine twice because I didn't want the impression to be too deep since I had a lot going on with the patterned background.


I hope you enjoyed my cards today! Be sure to visit the TE Blog for more eye candy from their amazing Creative Team! 








1 comment:

Kim S said...

I LOVE the mix of polka dot hearts!1